The for you and your cus to mers team in Amsterdam is looking for a Backend Developer
Time spent at work is an important part of our lives and a good opportunity to develop ourselves.
Are you a Backend Developer looking for an employer that values you as a person and supports your personal and professional development? Join our team of max. 25 people in Amsterdam and find more experts, inspiration and support in our international network of 17 further teams of the foryouandyourcustomers group.
Our Dutch team consults, coaches, researches, designs and develops what’s most valuable and responsible for our customers. For example, we feel at home with providing information systems, e-commerce platforms, websites and mobile solutions.
We are part of the foryouandyourcustomers group, which currently consists of 17 independent companies (we call them “cells”) in Europe and Australia. All cells organise themselves with a high degree of independence to develop their own portfolio and capabilities while at the same time collaborate with other cells.
Our team size is limited to a maximum of 25 people. This keeps our teams small, with direct lines of communication and a flat hierarchy. At the same time being strengthened by our international network of other cells.
As a Backend Developer your activities include:
- Create well-structured, high-performance code in a cloud native environment (AWS).
- Implement event-driven architecture by leveraging serverless technologies like function-as-a-service, message queues, NoSQL databases, API gateways.
- Advocate best practices and high-quality code.
- Develop clean and responsible TypeScript code.
- Apply automated software testing strategies.
- Analyse, refine and estimate user stories together with your team and customer
- Work in an Agile environment (SCRUM in particular).
- Understand and leverage the value that DevOps can bring.
Our Dutch team is undeniably energetic and diverse. We come from the Netherlands as well as other regions of the world – and we love to learn from each other’s perspectives. Learning, by the way, is one of the pillars of our company. We strive to develop ourselves and our customers – this is (part of) the reason behind our name. It’s both for you and your customers!
We work in one of the most sustainable buildings in The Netherlands, Smederij NDSM. If you live close by, we can enjoy together the post-industrial buildings and the creative atmosphere of the area. If you live a bit further away, don’t worry, we will connect remotely.
In our office, you can also enjoy some arts, which is always present and made accessible to customers and art lovers alike. That’s because art is an integral part of our culture at foryouandyourcustomers.
- You are a curious person who wants to learn and develop as a person and professional.
- You are not afraid to ask feedback early on in a development process, and enjoy sharing your expertise to help others.
- You are a team player who likes working closely together and is caring for the team to succeed.
- You have a connection to The Netherlands, preferably live here and are familiar with the culture.
- You are comfortable communicating in English, maybe even in Dutch.
What we offer
- Lots of room to grow both personally and professionally.
- Your knowledge, experience, and personality stand in the foreground of all our activities.
- Possibility to visit and collaborate with our worldwide network of cells, and join our yearly group meeting.
- Flat hierarchies, plenty space for participation and transparent salaries.
- Salary between 3.000€ – 6.500€.
- A pension scheme to save for your retirement.
- Coverage for work-related travel and commute expenses.
- 25 days of paid holiday per year.
- A laptop and a smartphone to do your work at ease.
- A great workplace in one of the most vibrant spots in Amsterdam North: NDSM.
- The opportunity to work full or part time (minimum 80%), with flexible hours and locations.
We very much look forward to meeting you. Generally, these are the steps of our application process:
- Apply with a cover letter and CV.
- 1st interview.
- 2nd interview.
- Prepare a case, and present your solution to the team.
- Receive an offer.
- Get hired.
Don’t feel like you exactly match the job description? We encourage you to apply anyway.
Would you like to know more? Please contact Eric Vanderfeesten, CTO the Netherlands, [email protected].
Equal opportunities for all
At foryouandyourcustomers, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are. We value diversity in all forms, strive to provide equal opportunities for all, and firmly reject any form of discrimination.