The team in Essen is searching for an enthusiastic (Senior) Software Engineer (m/f/d)
foryouandyourcustomers considers paid working time as part of the lifetime and a good opportunity for further development.
To support our team in Essen, we are looking for a (Senior) Software Engineer (m/f/d) with whom we can improve the digital channel landscape of our customers. Our team of over 204 experts plans, designs and develops innovative solutions for multichannel business at 14 locations worldwide.
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
- In the middle of Europe’s cultural capital Essen we offer you an inspiring working environment surrounded by art and large, bright rooms.
- Our customers are respected throughout Europe, demanding and always have exciting challenges in store for you.
- Your tasks also include helping to shape foryouandyourcustomers Essen and supporting the group with your skills and experience.
- We value you and your work and treat each other with respect. There is always plenty of room for your personal and professional development.
- You design, develop, deploy and operate modern software solutions for our customers.
- You design software architectures or support the team in doing so.
- You apply modern software engineering practices and ensures that good, readable and tested code comes to life.
- You take responsibility for the code quality.
- You take care of the full software development lifecycle and continuous delivery chain.
- You are working closely with the Product Owner and other team members the deliver high-quality solutions that fit customer needs.
- You are working in an agile environment and you are not afraid of Scrum, Kanban and pair-programming.
- You are a team player, you live and improve the team spirit, processes and cooperation together with the team.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and open-minded personality with experience of life, a positive attitude to life and joy in dealing with people who approach tasks proactively and can work independently can. You also have the following qualifications:
- You have strong experience building and operating backend software systems, using technologies such as Java, Docker, Spring (Boot), Kubernetes, Terraform, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- You have experience in modern database technologies and cloud architectures like AWS and/or Azure.
- Common HTTP API styles like REST, gRPC, or GraphQL are familiar to you.
- You’re driven to learn new things constantly, to find the best solution for the daily challenges of building software.
- English and German are our main language, so you should be fluent in at least one of them. German language skills are greatly appreciated.
- You are located or ready to move close enough to Essen to be in the office with us
- You are not afraid to work closely with the customer on-site. But this is rather the exception.
- Ideally, you also bring an affinity for e-commerce, product information management or customer-oriented solutions
- Completed studies in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or similar qualifications.
- Exciting projects with international B2C / B2B dealers and manufacturers.
- International environment with colleagues and customers in Europe and Australia.
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Participation in introductory days, open space conferences, communities of practice.
- Flat hierarchies, plenty of room for participation and transparent salaries.
- Individual training opportunities.
- We do regular events like barbecues, board game nights, or playing Lasertag where you would be very warmly invited.
- We provide you with time and budget for learning, be it via book, online courses, conference visits, or language courses.
- We always have beverages available like coffee, tea, soft drinks and water.
- You will become part of a professional and pioneering Software Engineering team.
- Above-average salary.
- Brand new MacBook Pro, iPhone or equivalent hardware, it’s your choice.
- A great workplace in the heart of the European Capital of Culture Essen.
- And most importantly: For us is very important to have compatibility between work and private life.
Find out more about foryouandyourcustomers
The foryouandyourcustomers group is currently represented at 14 locations and supports internationally active customers in the multichannel business with advice, conception, implementation and operation.
Whitepaper “Exploded View” – Our model for multichannel business
Our book “Multichannel Guidelines“ und Channel CARDS