The team in the Netherlands is searching for a Software Developer
Working time at foryouandyourcustomers is considered as a big part of our lifetime and a good opportunity to develop ourselves.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring person for the position of software developer to join foryouandyourcustomers in the Netherlands. With your expertise, ideas and positive attitude you will support us in creating high-performance cloud based solutions.
Our team operates in an international network of cells which are organised independently; all with their own expertise and domain. There are currently 14 cells in six countries on two continents, located in Europe (the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Bulgaria) and Australia (Sydney, Melbourne).
We believe in the power of people to organise and arrange what is needed. We have a flat-hierarchy structure and take decisions as a team. This also means everybody is expected to provide input and everybody is involved in decisions for our cell as a whole. We provide freedom in your work and expect responsibility in return. You know best how to do your work while taking ownership over your work.
As a person you are eager to learn and you have the ability and attitude to explore new things both in your professional and personal development. We appreciate sharing knowledge with others and we are open to learn from each other. Your experiences, drive and passions in life are valuable to us. We believe it is an integral part of who you are as a person and understand your development will contribute to your own well-being, the well-being of the cell, the well-being of the whole group, the environment and, of course, the benefits for our customers.
Being part of foryouandyourcustomers, you will take on (technical) responsibility as part of a professional and pioneering team within the Netherlands and contribute significantly to its further development.
We are looking for people currently holding a position of software developer, software engineer, backend developer, solution developer, lead developer, cloud developer, software architect, cloud architect, AWS developer, or other similar positions.
You recognise yourself in this software developer profile:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development and you work and think on an academic level.
- You like to develop in an environment where multiple systems and technologies interact. You enjoy working in a team that takes full responsibility for their work and consists of people with different disciplines, like frontend developers or interaction and visual designers. You also feel comfortable asking for help when needed, and providing help when asked for.
- You consider yourself an advocate of good software and understand the importance of best practices, design patterns and architectural principles. Above all, you recognise them and know how to implement them in your solutions. You think about aspects of modularity, abstraction, scalability, maintainability and flexibility when you detail out a solution or implement a new feature.
- You have an opinion on how to develop qualitative software. You can have a good conversation with your colleagues about the importance of software development principles like KISS, YAGNI, DRY, Occam’s Razor and the Law of Demeter. In addition, you value techniques like defensive programming, exception handling, object-oriented development, separation of concerns and feel comfortable proposing improvements to your colleagues.
- You have experience working with content management systems, ecommerce systems, product information systems, order management services and different payment providers. Knowledge of commercetools and prismatic is considered a plus.
- Reading and writing multiple coding languages fluently is no issue for you, or you are motivated and able to learn them swiftly. Proficiency in Node.Js would be ideal.
- You understand software development methodologies (like agile, scrum, xp, lean, devops) and are able to use them in your daily work to increase the efficiency of delivering our solutions to our customers. You are communicative and self-reliant and you can easily coordinate with your team members and your customers to analyse and estimate user stories, breaking down big tasks into smaller pieces.
- Work in a company where your ideas are valued and you can make a difference.
- Transparent and open culture where you are part of shaping your own future.
- As an enthusiastic, decisive and entrepreneurial personality, you can expect a surprisingly simple and ground-breaking company with great colleagues.
- Flat hierarchies, lots of opportunities to get involved in the company.
- Your knowledge, education and integral success stands in the foreground of all our activities.
- Exciting projects with A-brand B2C/B2B companies.
- State-of-the-art equipment and tools to work with.
- Competitive salary, transparent payment structure and social benefits package.